Saturday

my best friend's wedding

I am SO happy to have a day to relax.. I'm still in my pajamas! Its true what they say, keeping busy makes time fly.. i haven't had a single second to myself the last 3 days! Bryan and Richelle's wedding was yesterday! So it has been a pretty hectic week! I was really nervous to put in extensions for Richelle, i hadn't done any for about 2 years. But they turned out great, it gave her an extra 4-5 inches of hair and a lot more thickness! Her up do turned out really pretty too, she was very happy with it.. which is all i care about! I would love to finish hair school and get my license.. i love doing hair!

Richelle only got her braces off a week before her wedding, so i took her engagements for invitations and bridals for display at the wedding.. she wanted her REAL photographer to do engagements and bridals after her braces were off (btw.. he's incredible). He took their engagements on tuesday and i took a few bridal shots Thursday the day before her wedding! We went to this old tree house Bryan and his friends built when they were in high school. There was an old apple tree next to the tree house, so there were fallen apples all over the ground. It was a great location for taking pictures! i have a few of those pictures below. Her photographer Dustin Izatt is completely and totally out of this world amazing!!! He did an incredible job with the engagements and the wedding day! I'm going to watch him when richelle has her bridals done.. see what i can learn! if anyone is interested in looking at his site click here and to see Bryan and Richelle's engagements by him click here. I can't wait to see all the Bridesmaid pictures!!!

The wedding went perfect, more than perfect! It was the most beautiful wedding I've ever seen! We started the day early... like 5:45 am early! Richelle came to my house and I did her hair.. Taylor and I were planning on leaving for the temple at 8:15, and i finished Richelle's hair just before then! When i ran downstairs to get my dress on Taylor was STILL IN BED!!! AH! i think i scared him to death when i ran in the room and screamed "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!?!" he looked at me with glazed eyes and said "....uuuuuh, i'm sleeping" then he looked at the clock and realized why i was freaking out! We had to be to the temple no later than 9:35! lol. we ended up making it just in time. They were sealed in the salt lake temple. Once we were all in the sealing room waiting, a tall white haired man, with big glasses walked through the doors, the room erupted with whispers as Elder L Tom Perry took his place next to the alter. The room was filled with the spirit as he spoke of the imortance of marriage and sealed Bryan and Richelle for time and all eternity. We were all crying.. it was so incredible. Come to find out Bryan's past Mission President is Elder Perry's son. He specially requested him to seal them as a surprise for Richelle! The day couldn't have gotten better after that. The weather was absolutely perfect, 69 degrees and sunny! They had their reception at the Springville Art Museum, seriously my very favorite place for a reception. We had delicioius pumpkin bars, mini raspberry fruit tarts, and apple slices with AMAZING toffee carmel apple dip! it was HEAVEN! When they left the reception we lit their way with sparklers! It was a perfect wedding.

RICHELLE BRIDALS




Anyhow.. long post, thats only a part of this weeks happenings! I am so happy for my best friend, she is so beautiful, and i am so happy for her and Bryan to start their life together! CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!!!

lara

No comments :