Friday

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

One of my favorite holiday traditions has to be getting the Christmas tree.  Every year my family goes to get a real tree on the first Monday of December.  Taylor, Caden and I joined them this year to help select and decorate it! We always go to Jensens Christmas trees, they sell the prettiest ones around. I love real trees for Christmas, they smell SO good... ah, someday when we have the money we'll get one ;) This year picking the tree was a cinch, usually we argue and fight over which tree is the best, but this time we walked in the gates and it was right there in front of us... we all agreed. It was quite the experience for Caden this year, I'm sure last Christmas is a distant faded memory in his mind. He was squealing and running in circles when we brought the tree in the house. He'd run up and touch it and run away. Before we could even get the tree centered in the base He was throwing a fit that we wouldn't get the "ball" out of the box for him to put on the tree.. lol. I couldn't help but laugh at his sour puss face he. He wanted to help with EVERYTHING.. pulling the ornaments out, putting the lights on the tree, hanging the ornaments up.. it was very exciting ;) I was so lucky to catch the shot of him when the lights were plugged in.. he was standing right by them and when my mom plugged them in he jumped back, pulled his hands close to his chest, squatted down and said "HAWWWWW!" (hot).. He's hilarious. The tree turned out beautifully as usual. Getting the tree up always puts me in the Christmas spirit. I love this time of year.

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

(it was seriously SO cold)

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

p.s. If you didn't notice, I just have to point out, Rachel is making the most hilarious faces in these pictures. She is one to make me laugh, ah, i love her!
lara

No comments :