Wednesday

Thanksgiving Week

November has come and gone to fast, it seems like this time of year always flies by. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving week. Tuesday I went to New Moon with Richelle, it was FABULOUS! I was so happy to see that Jacob was SO much more beautiful than Edward (TEAM JACOB)! I mean seriously... after seeing how totally gorgeous Jacob was, who would EVER go back to Edward ;) It was corny at parts, I laughed at a lot of the stuff Edward said, but I thoroughly enjoyed it :) Wednesday we headed to Park City where we were staying in a Town House for Thanksgiving with Taylor's Family! We set up the wii, went grocery shopping... got settled in, and were waiting for Papa to get to the house....... when all of the sudden he walked in the door with my oldest nephew Britton! Maddy, Bryce and Britton had flown all the way from Virginia to surprise the rest of the family for Thanksgiving! We had so much fun playing games, watching movies, painting nails (girls), world of warcraft (boys).. Having the Nephews all together! It was so much fun! Turkey dinner was amazing of course, and the pies... to die for! I was totally excited to be in Park City for Midnight Madness the outlets hold every year for BLACK FRIDAY!!! I had never done shopping on black Friday before.. just not our thing, but this year was different. At 11:00 pm my SIL, Maddy, and I headed to the outlets so we could get a parking spot.. a few of the stores were already open and having their sales, so we got a head start! I think the best deals we got were: Carters 60% off entire store, Banana Republic 50% off entire store (and I had an extra 15% off on top of that!!!), Crocs buy one get one free! It was heavenly retail therapy! We got home at about 2:00 am.. but it was SO worth it! Taylor worked the 12:00 am - 6:00 am shift at the mall (.....he's nuts, I LOVE YOU HUN) and drove back to Park city, and slept till noon! We all headed home Friday afternoon, to get a good night sleep and prepare for the football game. Bret took Taylor and Ross to a shooting range that evening. What a manly thing to do.. I've never shot a real gun in my life! I'd be terrified of hitting myself in the face with a pistol ;) My family called shortly after the men left, and invited Caden and I to go see the Christmas Carol 3D with them. We have a tradition to go see a movie over Thanksgiving weekend every year. When we got out to the car I realized the men had taken Taylor's car to the shooting range (40 min away)....... and I didn't take Caden's car seat out!!! I was so frustrated! I really wanted to go join my family for ice cream and a movie, but no car seat meant I couldn't go! I called my mom to tell her I wasn't going to be able to make it, when I thought: what about the baby carrier! LOL! NO WAY, he won't fit in it.. he's way too big now. I ran down to grab it and pushed and wiggled and squeezed Caden in until the buckle clicked! We were on our way ;) I couldn't help but take a picture of him bursting out of the car seat, it was hilarious! Although he was probably incredibly uncomfortable, he had a great time playing with the baby toys hanging from the handle! Taylor ended up joining us at the theater in Provo and brought the big boy car seat with him (Caden didn't suffer on the way home).

IMG_2189-2

Saturday was game day.. the most intense game of the year!!!  BYU vs UTAH  >:)  I look forward to this game every year.. We attended all but one home game this year. Bret is always so generous with tickets, I love going to the games! We joined Taylor's family and some family friends for the event! The game started out well, we were leading for the majority of it... I thought for sure we were going to win, but after the Utes scored a touchdown to tie up the game... I got more than a little nervous! Bret took Taylor down on the field for the end of the last quarter (he has serious connections) ;) I circled them in one of the pictures below! As the game went into overtime I could barely breath! I was so nervous... the Utes scored a field goal, our turn came and a few plays later Andrew George was wide open for the touchdown pass!!! COUGARS WIN!!! 26 to 23! The field was flooded within seconds, Taylor and Bret among the first to reach the team! It was an amazing game, I was complete worn out mentally, emotionally and vocally ;)

GO COUGARS!!!

GO COUGARS!!!

GO COUGARS!!!

IMG_GO COUGARS!!!-2

GO COUGARS!!!

It was a fun filled week, thanks to Midnight madness I was almost done with Christmas shopping. I am proud to say today, I am completely finished with my Shopping :) I have 5 projects to finish in the next 3 weeks (kind of overwhelmed)!!! I won't be posting any of them till after Christmas, don't want to ruin the surprises for anyone ;) Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm so excited it's December now, I can't wait for Christmas!

p.s for those of you who didn't see, all of my favorite links, friends and family links, Caden's stats and What he's up to.. are at the bottom of the blog :) I wanted more space for the posts and pictures!
lara

No comments :