Saturday

Christmas 2009

Christmas has already come and past! It's a week into January! I can already tell this month is going to pass all too quickly.

This year we spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with my family! It was so fun to be home for Christmas and share it with Taylor and Caden :) Unfortunately I didn't take as many pictures as I should have.. there was so much was going on that I didn't want to step away. We hit Christmas Eve off with LOTS of cooking: Beef pastries with gravy, Moms amazing rolls, Fruit salad, Lemon Ginger Cookies, Chocolate Nutella Cookies (for Taylor), Cinnamon rolls and more. That night we enjoyed quite a feast! After stuffing ourselves with the delicious dinner we put on a live "improv" nativity. We each dressed ourselves in costumes and chose who we wanted to be... unfortunately, for Lane, the only costume left was Mary. He quite willingly played the part and stuffed his dress with a large pillow to make himself appear pregnant. I just about died of laughter when Taylor (playing Joseph) placed his hand on Lanes belly and started rubbing it.. AHHHHH!!! It was probably a little sacrilegious to do it improv style, but it was a good laugh for us all! Next we opened pajamas, I love this tradition, we all get a pair of pajamas to sleep in for Christmas Eve. Mom got the girls matching pjs and the older boys got matching pjs as well. We each ran and got dressed and hurried back downstairs to open our hot chocolate mugs. Earlier in December we went to color me mine and made mugs to open on Christmas Eve! Once we were done with hot chocolate and thin mint cookies, we watched Merry Madagascar. Now you have to understand that Madagascar 2 is unanimously my family's favorite movie (I will post about that later). So naturally we all rolled with laughter while watching the 21 minute movie.. ah, it is SO funny! Then we read the Christmas story out of Luke and hit the sac at about 10:00.

I had warned Taylor that my siblings might wake him up at around 4:30, and he threatened to kill them all if that happened ;) but to everyone's surprise Taylor was the first one up at 5:00 forcing everyone upstairs to see what Santa brought! lol! We had so much fun opening presents and eating warm cinnamon rolls. It was quite the day. My family totally spoiled Taylor, Caden and I. Taylor got a spotting scope, and some really fun games. Caden got a baby vacuum, probably his favorite present of all.  They got me a Blendtec Blender, which I've been wanting since we got married. Now I can make smoothies every day! My last present was from both my parents and Taylor. I had asked for money for the Canon 50D camera body, which I was hoping to save for and get this next spring. I expected the wrapped box they handed me to be filled with some money. When I opened the big box there was another little box inside of that.... and inside of that box was another box. Inside of that little tiny box was..... an envelope, the card inside the envelope held a 1 $ bill.. I was so confused! Mom said "look on the back of the card". When I flipped it over I read "look upstairs in my closet under my dresses." My heart did a major flip and I ran upstairs (followed by all my siblings)!!!! I found the wrapped box.. it was kind of heavy.. could it be?? Taylor's face was completely lit up when he saw me carrying it back downstairs... I tore off the paper and it was the camera!!! I don't know that I've ever been so excited! I was like a kid on Christmas morning.... oh wait ;) It was a wonderful surprise. My mom took my old camera as part of the trade! I am so excited to help her learn to use it and we can both progress in photography! What a day!

With a car filled to the ceiling we left that afternoon to join the Van Leeuwen Family for Christmas night. We opened more presents... (we are seriously so spoiled)... and had an amazing Christmas dinner. Taylor got the Oakley Oil Rig sunglasses he's been wanting for a while now, I think it is his 4th pair of Oakley sunglasses (he's ooobsessed) ;) I got the Canon 50mm 1.4/f lens, which I LOVE! Caden got a Train Table and tons of new clothes, which he desperately needed! I was still trying to figure out a few things with my camera so I only took a few pictures that evening. Caden had a great time playing with all his new toys and a few of his cousins toys as well..

We had so much fun spending time with both of our families. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people who love Taylor Caden and Me so much. I love this time of year: I love that it brings us all together, to give, share and love. I am so grateful for the birth of our savior and the many sacrifices he made for each of us. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve

Christmas


Christmas Presents


Christmas Presents


Christmas Presents

Christmas Presents

Christmas Presents

Christmas


lara

No comments :