Thursday

New Years Eve

New Years Eve, the end of 2009. I remember New Years Eve 1999 all too well, has it really been 10 years?!

Bret got a stack of court side tickets for the womens basketball game on New Years Eve. I have to admit, I'm not a HUGE fan of basketball.. but I enjoy watching a game every now and then.  Taylor, Ross, Triest and I decided to bring the babies to the game... looking back now, I'm not sure it was the best idea we ever had. The buzzer was so loud that both Caden and Gabe were in tears for the first half and nothing, with the exception of Poppy could calm them down. The cat nap for Gabe and Popcorn for Caden seemed to make the 2nd half not as bad. BYU won, of course, their womens basketball team is pretty talented. We chatted with family and friends when it was over and took a few pictures. We flagged Cosmo down during the first half of the game to come say hi to Caden...... BIG MISTAKE! The second he got close to Caden, I saw a flash of flinging arms and legs and the highest blood curdling scream I've ever heard out of his mouth. He was in tears within seconds. I laughed out of shock! He was terrified to say the least. When the game ended Cosmo was on the court and I went over to take a few pictures of him with Gabe, who had no fear whatsoever. He was quite intrigued bu the strange looking man ;) Taylor brought Caden over to see if he would possibly take a picture with him.. but the second he saw Cosmo he started crying again.. and yes Cosmo felt REALLY REALLY BAD ;) he even held his tail in shame. LOL. We finally got one picture with Poppy standing in the middle of him and Cosmo. I got my fair share of laughs in for the day. Hopefully he'll warm up to Cosmo over the next few years!

{on our way in Caden saw a vacuum by the janitors closet... oh joy... his favorite thing in the world}
New Years Eve

New Years Eve

{Gabe sleeping with a blanket over his head because of the buzzers}

New Years Eve

New Years Eve

{I love Gabes face in this picture}

New Years Eve

{Poor Cosmo}

New Years Eve

New Years Eve

Before the game we attempted to take a few pictures of Caden and Gabe in their matching pajamas... and well, the following pictures sum it up.

Caden: "Take the picture already"     Gabe: "grrr...Why do I keep falling over?"

New Years Eve

Caden: "uh... what am I supposed to do now?"     Gabe: "oh, hey mom :)"

New Years Eve

Caden: "why are you still laying on me?"     Gabe "....... mom, a little help down here."

New Years Eve

Caden: "OH! Maybe he wants me to kiss him!"     Gabe: "what is he doing to me!?!"

New Years Eve

I couldn't stop laughing after looking through these pictures.. their faces are so funny. Ah, Caden loves his baby Gabe.

That night we were joined by Russ, Amalie, Maddy, Amy and Andrew to celebrate! Triest got the card game Nertz for Christmas and we finally sat down to play it. Triest and Amalie attempted to teach me how to play! I felt so behind.. cards were flying everywhere... AH! and my brain just kind of froze! LOL. At least I played enough rounds to get the gist and understand the rules. Taylor and I went and bought the game a few days later.... and now we're pro! I highly recommend it! We watched Fools Gold, sat around and talked and waited for the clock to strike 12:00! Taylor rounded up the boys to prepare the huge boxes of semi-illegal fireworks. We all stood around the fire pit and watched our 15 minute show. Bret got some great night shots of all of us and the fireworks, I was definitely impressed. The snow was covered in ashes and fuses by the end and we were all slightly frozen. It was wonderful having the family together to bring in the New Year. What will this year have in store? I can't wait!
Nertz: CHECK!  Fireworks for New Years: CHECK!

New Years Eve

New Years Eve

New Years Eve

lara

No comments :