Sunday

My Style

Now that I am starting to decorate our new place, I've started wondering what is my style? Even after taking the interior design course at BYU, I haven't started developing my sense of style up until now. My sister-in-law Maddy did this home style quiz a while ago and showed me the site. I finally got around to taking the quiz myself.. skeptical.. would it be right? How could a quiz put a name on my style, when I couldn't? I was seriously amazed. The results were dead on. The room examples for the 3 categories I fell under are exactly how I envision my house looking someday.

Here are the things things that really ring true for my style. The things I know I love about each of these categories:

i love the feeling formal and casual in one.
i want the room to feel inviting from the moment you walk in.
i love the mixture of new things and old things.
i love white furniture. white fabric. white wood. and white walls.
i love to buy things from garage sales or flea markets to use in my decorating.
i the colors you would find at the beach. white. blues. greens. pale grays.
i like a room to feel laid back and comfortable.

There are more details under each category.. only if you're interested ;)

Try it out! I'm sure you'll love your results!


45% French Electric

French Country, like its name, somehow manages to both be formal and casual, classy and unassuming at the same time. You like your spaces to feel inviting from the moment you (or your guest) opens the front door and this feeling should continue even after you've entered your most formal room. Even though there are French antiques here and gold details there, the rustic elements provide a balance and warmth that seems to say, "come in, relax and stay a while." Your love of antiques leads you to flea markets, garage sales and hours of eBay hunting.

Many of the furniture pieces look like they were passed down from your great-great-aunt (even if they are brand new!) Much of the furniture is wood-framed and the wood is either left natural, painted white or even gold.

When it comes to color, you are drawn to bright and airy options.

flickr brocantegirl 2248522829_8952a36e7d_o-1

sunset.com southern accents SA0307132l_1_x


37% Rustic Revival

You are one of the unique individuals who loves a mix of modern and country. The clean lines of the modern softened by rustic /vintage elements is the perfect mix in your mind. A subtle background of white or light colors provides a nice canvas for all the wonderful flea market, eBay or garage sale finds as well as the classic modern pieces that you love.

When it comes to color, think light, casual and airy. White, pale gray or beige, khaki and sage; all of these colors make nice, subtle backdrops for Urban Country style. Think of the colors of natural linen, concrete, and if you'd like to go dark, use the dark brownish-black of iron or the deep burnt orange of rust.

country living mag img_lake-stylelg_1 2

sunset.com cottage living 1702457_ct_livingroom_da1

18% Cottage Chic

You love the carefree spirit that the cottage interior inspires. You love old and new alike, and love to highlight them all to expose the uniqueness of each. You will throw in a toy boat or a vintage life preserver to keep the mood of the place just like the color: light!

Your true inspiration (whether you know it or not) is the sea... the colors found at your favorite beach: white and light beige of the sand, a variety of blues for the ocean and sky, and greens and pale grays of the sea glass... but the key is white! Your space should feel light and airy and give off the mood one has when at the beach: laid back!

design sponge blog witchery

design sponge blog 2532992873_bd8ae56354_o
take the quiz at sproost.com.

lara

No comments :