Thursday

the nursery transformation

First off I have to credit the inspiration for the nursery to this item.

IMG_2517bh

I found it at Jo Anne Fabrics in the clearance section in November and thought it would be a cute decoration for Caden's room. As I looked at it again and again I fell in love with the color combination! I found some fabric to make a blanket for his crib for 75% off at a high end quilting store. The colors were practically the same as the star, it was perfect! I ended up getting 5 yards for about $20! Strangely enough this room has pulled together perfectly. I've been able to find bargains and clearance prices on everything! I was so excited to finally choose the paint color for the walls! This transformation has been the perfect turn out.. I love everything about this room.

My mom rolled the ceiling with white paint, I really didn't like the dark brown on the ceiling, it made the room feel so small.

nursery transformation

I took the much easier job of touching up the molding and cutting in the white ;)

nursery transformation

We all switched off rolling the walls, so no one really got tired.. I love having help on projects like this.

nursery transformation

...alright drum roll please...

{before}

condo before

condo before

condo before

{after}

nursery transformation

nursery transformation


nursery transformation

The white ceilings make the room look a foot taller.. AMAZING!

I painted and antiqued this chandelier. Originally it was a brushed nickle finish, I love the way it turned out!

chandelier

Please tell me what you think! please Please PLEASE!

lara

No comments :