Monday

the glowing orange room {MAKEOVER}

This is the room we've all been waiting for... right?

Anyone who saw this room in it's glowing orange stage had something to say about it. The most common reaction was "WHOA HA!" It was always a shocker! I think the only person who actually liked the color was my sister.. go figure! Taylor bought me paint and volunteered his time as my Mothers Day gift and we tackled this huge project! It was well worth the time and effort.. cause it turned out perfectly.

Before
condo before

The other big part to this room was the bunk bed makeover. Taylor's parents offered us a log bunk bed that they no longer needed for their house.. and while I don't want my house to end up looking like a log cabin.. it was such a great offer! We weren't about to pass up free furniture! I wasn't sure what I would do with it.. should I paint it or leave it? I didn't know what would be better. After finishing the desk and coat hanger I realized refinishing furniture wasn't as hard as I was expecting. We used the left over paint we had from our previous projects and painted the bunk bed the same color. It was a lot of work. I couldn't have done it without some help from my man.. thank you so much hun! We sanded, primed and painted the beast until it was beautiful and white.

Before
This is the color the bunk bed was before we painted it.
before
AFTER
 ah... this room feels dreamy to me. I love the coastal feeling of white and gray. This is my heaven.
Although it is a long way from being finished, when it's done I'm sure this will be my favorite room in the house.

gray room

I bought this adorable lamp table at a refinished furniture yard sale for $30.00! Yes, I am serious! Their furniture was SO cute and way affordable. I will be hitting their sale every spring and fall!

IMG_3255

Did you spot the bird cage above? I spray painted it white.. and now it is beautiful!

yard sale finds

Before
Here is the lamp from my last yard sale adventure. The shade got a perfect makeover.
yard sailing

After
I like burlap in small doses, I mostly like the texture it added to this lamp. I watched a few tutorials online for covering lamp shades. Then pulled out my hot glue gun, a needle and tread.. and covered this baby in 15 min. The flower.. well let's just say I had no idea what I was doing. I love how it turned out, but I don't think I could duplicate it.
IMG_3252

IMG_3246

The curtains are a work in progress as well. They will end up looking something like this. But I'm going to make 2 panels so they can pull to either side of the window. I can't wait to get them done!

curtains

I've had this picture in my "decorating ideas folder" on my computer for a while. Now I have the perfect room for this project. For now this is just a guest room, but when we have another kiddo or Caden grows out of his crib, this will become his bedroom. So I have to add things to make it his big boy room! I love this idea, and I wish I knew who it came from cause I would totally give them the credit. I am slowly gathering the letters and I can't wait to get them painted and hung!

Project+Nursery

gray room

On Memorial Day we went to the Gateway mall with Taylor's cousin Tacy and her husband Danny. I forced a stop at Anthropologie.. the boys, of course, didn't join us. I love this store, but it is way over priced. Maybe someday I will have money to shop there... maybe? I love their ideas, I love their style. It's very inspiring. I fell in love with this bedding while we were there. Unfortunately it is $189 for a twin duvet cover.. and I need 2! So I am trying to decide if I want to attempt duplicating this on my own. It doesn't look too difficult.. it would take a lot of time.. but it would take this room to the next level! ah, we'll have to see. Currently we have sheets, a down comforter and fleece blankets on each bed. That will have to do for now!

69300_010_b

69301_010_b

I think I could duplicate this...... it's just for a twin bed?

larasig3

No comments :