Wednesday

Summer Skies

The skies this summer have been amazing. The weather has been constantly changing from stormy, to blazing hot, to cloudy, to cold. I have seen more lightning storms this summer than I have in the last 5 years.  Taylor and I woke up at 3:00 am one morning because of a major lightning storm. Neither one of us could fall back asleep with the light flashing through the windows and the sound of thunder crashing. We decided to go out on the deck to watch the storm. I couldn't refuse the chance to try and catch some pictures. I huddled in a blanket ready to snap anytime there was a bolt. There were a lot of black pictures, but I managed to get a couple amazing shots! Our power has been out more than 10 times in the last month, It reminds me of living back east.  Everything from the sunrise to the sunsets have been beautiful. It has been nice to have the hot and cool weather over the summer. I'm not quite ready for it to end! The 3 months of hot desert summer usually have me begging for fall to come. But this year I'm not quite ready.

IMG_4295bh

IMG_4301bh

IMG_4431mofwr

IMG_4435mofwrlara

No comments :