Thursday

anthropologie: CRACKED

Here we go! This is probably the most exciting project I have ever finished. I am, needless to say, completely in love with it!

If you remember back to this post. You will recall I mentioned seeing this beautiful duvet cover at anthropologie with Taylor's cousin. Way over priced, I couldn't bring myself to buy it.. but could I make it?

anthro cracked

Yes I could! Thanks to my best friend! Richelle, seriously girl, you are amaizing! She took the time to look over the pictures on anthro's website and made a sketch and basic pattern for me to attempt this duvet cover. She is almost done with school at the Y, majoring in Home and Family Living with an emphasis in sewing. Let me tell ya, SHE CAN SEW! I couldn't have done this without her help and knowledge.

After 30 yards of fabric, 2 twin sheets, 3000 yards of thread, 16 buttons and 2 months of work I am done! Finally done! I don't think anyone is happier than Taylor at this moment, my sewing machine is finally moved off the kitchen table ;) My promises of putting it away went from 2 weeks to 2 months pretty fast. This was a ton of work. Some days I couldn't bring myself to work on it, but slowly it came together. It completes the look of this room. A white dream. ah. This is bliss.

anthro cracked

IMG_5129gm

IMG_5131gm

anthro cracked

anthro cracked

anthro cracked

anthro cracked

IMG_5125gm

anthro cracked

The pillow shams from Anthro cost $68 for 2. The duvet covers cost $168 per, and I needed 2. Had I purchased them my grand total would have come to $404.00 + tax. The cost of making them myself? The 30 yards of fabric and 3000 yards of thread cost $45. The twin sheet set cost $15. The buttons were $3. My grand total was $63.00! That means $31.50 per duvet cover/pillow set. You can't beat that!

Although time consuming and somewhat tedious this has been a fun project. Piecing it together and watching my work come together into this masterpiece was well worth it. I am in love. Aren't you?

larasig3

No comments :