Monday

that's a lot of candles

"Happy Birthday this weekend, sis! You are going to be 22! haha you old fart." - Lane

Yes this is exactly what I wanted to hear from my wonderful missionary brother. Old Fart? I think not! Haha. Really, 22 isn't that old. I mean, sure, when I was 10 it seemed like 22 was a bazillion years away! Now it seems more like 40 is a bazillion years away, I hope that doesn't creep up on me as fast as 22 did.

I had a wonderful birthday. I was totally spoiled by my adorable husband and son, and my wonderful family! Taylor made me breakfast, apparently he can cook! My family offered to take Caden for the day while Taylor and I went to play. We dropped him off with Auntie A to watch Nanny's soccer game. He was really excited and wanted to join in the entire game. I can't wait to get him involved in sports.

thats a lot of candles

Taylor came up with the cute idea of making a Birthday plate at Color Me Mine. A special plate just to be used on birthdays! We came up with a design pretty quickly. With both of us working together it took us very little time to finish. It turned out so adorable. I love the paint tubes you can draw with, it adds so much to the pieces! Taylor came up with the cute cupcake for the back and drew it up himself. I was very impressed! It was such a fun activity, I always enjoy Color Me Mine. 
You're so cute hun, this was such a creative idea.

thats a lot of candles

thats a lot of candles

thats a lot of candles

thats a lot of candles

thats a lot of candles

thats a lot of candles

We went to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants. Pizza Factory. mmm. We ordered everything I love: BBQ chicken pizza. Bread twists. A side of ranch. And the enormous and delicious mango passion-fruit smoothie. Just talking about it makes my mouth water. We stuffed ourselves, it was so delicious!

that's a lot of candles

that's a lot of candles

Taylor took me to the mall to do some birthday shopping. It was so nice to have him gladly walk in and out of every store I wanted to stop at. I wish it were my birthday every day! We headed home to relax for a while before the BYU football party my in-laws host every year. My family brought Caden up to our house, along with balloons and 2 jello peach pies. oh heaven. This would be my choice desert every time. It is so delicious. We lit candles and sang happy birthday. As I looked down at the cupcakes the only thought I had was "that's a lot of candles!" Hey, I still managed to blow them all out the first time. We ate pie and cupcakes. I ate a lot of pie. A lot of pie. It was so good, and I felt like I was going to explode with all the delicious food I had eaten.

thats a lot of candles

thats a lot of candles

We headed up to the BYU football party. They had a great turnout! A large portion of the football team came. Unfortunately I only knew 3 of the players, did we really lose that many seniors last year? bummer. They had delicious food prepared by the owner of Cucina Toscana {best Italian restaurant west of the Mississippi}. Home made pasta that tastes like nothing you've ever had before. Home made hot chocolate. More like Chocolate pudding. BUT I was so full from the rest of the day that I literally only had a few bites. We enjoyed seeing friends and Taylor's family. Caden was running around showing everyone his cute little brown tie. He was quite a hit at the party.

that's a lot of candles

All in all, my birthday was fabulous! I got clothes, shoes and jewelry {the gift that never gets old ;)}. A gift certificate to Allen's Camera. Lollia Lotion. mmm. Taylor bought me a pair of Victoria's secret boyfriend pants. I am a huge lover of comfortable clothes. Sweats and Pajamas. These sweat pants are brand new to Victoria's Secret, and I have never had a pair of pants that I have loved more. I want to go back and buy every other color they have. I would wear them constantly. They are so comfortable. I love them. My dad decided that for his birthday present he would help me build a media console for our tv. I have been dying to get in the wood shop at BYU and build some furniture. I can't wait to get this piece done. We have made a few alterations to it to fit everything we have better. It will look something like a mix between these two with 2 shelves instead of 1.  It is going to look so amazing in our family room!

img49m
Pottery Barn

turned-leg-media-console-3
knock off wood

Thank you, Everyone, for making my Birthday so special! 
I feel so loved.

larasig3

No comments :