Monday

Christmas Spirit

December is finally here! I can already tell this Christmas is going to be so much fun for our little family. Caden loves our Christmas tree. Every morning he runs out of bed and plugs in the lights and they don't go off till he goes to bed at night. He is so excited for Santa Clause to come to our house. He loves the nativity scenes and holding the little baby Jesus my mom has in her nativity collection from Jerusalem. We are definitely feeling the Christmas spirit at our house.

I finally added our Christmas album onto the blog. These are a compilation of our family's favorite Christmas songs. This is what we love listening to at our house.

Christmas time really makes me reflect on family and how important they really are to me. I love being so close to family. I am so glad that Caden has aunts and uncles that love him and play with him and teach him. I am so grateful for my husband and little boy. They mean the world to me. I am so lucky to have wonderful Grandparents. I love them all so much. My Grandpa Leishman passed away about a year and a half ago after battling cancer for many years. This season always brings back all the fun memories I have of him. I remember every year at our family Christmas party he would always request that we sing Silent Night as the last of the Christmas carols. He has forever made that one of my favorite Christmas songs. In the Taylor Swift holiday album that was released last Christmas I found the most beautiful arrangement of Silent Night. I love Taylor Swift. The first time I heard her arrangement of this song I wished I had been able to share it with my Grandpa. I can't stop the tears from welling up in my eyes every time I listen to it. So Grandpa I hope you can hear this beautiful song. I think about you every time I hear it. I love you and miss you.

thetaylorswiftholidaycom

This is a great album if anyone is looking for good Christmas tunes! Of course I am partial... but I definitely recommend it ;)

If you want to listen to Silent Night go to the bottom of the left column and click on Silent Night in my music playlist.

larasig3

No comments :