Sunday

Christmas Day

Christmas day was something special this year. We spent our first Christmas Eve in our own beds. The magic candle worked like real magic, I still can't believe I finally know the secret. Oh, you should have seen Caden's face when the wick went out all by itself. He ran to unlock the front door so Santa could come in then bolted down the hall to his room and climbed in bed. With a 2 year old we still get a good night sleep, no waking up at 5:00 [like my family always did ;)]. We got up a little early, mostly because Taylor was too excited to sleep ;) but also to get the day rolling. We went in and told Caden that Santa had come and brought him some presents. His eyes were open and he was running down the hall before I could catch up. He rubbed his eyes and stood there for a while before he realized, there was his bike! The bike he had been hoping Santa would bring him! He was a little delirious at first but after we finished opening presents we couldn't get him off his bike.  Taylor and I splurged and bough ourselves a blueray player with wi-fi so we can stream netflix. I can't wait to watch movies and tv shows at the click of a button. It was so fun opening presents and spending the morning as our little family. Caden was so fun and excited.

IMG_7173bh

This boy got spoiled.. really, I mean spoiled. I couldn't stop buying fun toys for him. He loved his dino flashlight and cute monkey from build-a-bear. He got an echo microphone and a harmonica. I hear him making his own kind of music every day. It is totally adorable.

IMG_7189bhIMG_7184bh

Picture #1: the corner of the present is un-wrapped.. gasp.. I know what it is! ;)
Picture #2: totally corny cheeser face, and thrilled over his favorite movie.

IMG_7194gmIMG_7196bh

After we finished breakfast at our house we headed down to my parents. We opened presents and played with toys. We were totally spoiled again. Caden got a way cool toy screw and drill set. A truck, airplane and race car that are all held together by screws and the electric screwdriver to take them apart and put them together. He was taking the screws out before I even had them out of the packaging. He also got a very cool hotwheels tricycle. He calls this his "other bike" or "motorcycle". Since he really won't be able to enjoy his bike from us until it starts warming up this is definitely his favorite bike. He sits and watches movies on it, puts all his stuffed animals on it and takes them for rides. It has lots of cool buttons and sound effects, he loves it! My parents bought me a very nice juicer.. I can't say enough good about it. We have loved using it to make fresh juice and mixing any vegetable and fruit we can think of. It is heaven. Taylor got some new video games that he's been dying to have. We were totally spoiled! We were so excited to get to talk to my brother Lane in Lithuania. His time limit was 45 min on the phone.. but it quickly turned to an hour and a half. It was so good to hear his voice, let him talk to Caden. Hear him laugh. We sure do miss him, his 1 year mark is coming up this thursday! I can't wait to see him in a year!

We finally got to spill the beans to my siblings about baby #2 on the way. I hand stitched the words "uncle of 2" or "auntie of 2" on a shirt for each of them. They all took a long time to figure it out. I wrapped their t-shirts with another small present and they were all staring at the "other" present before they looked at their shirt. Ben was the first to read his. He was totally oblivious and said "Cool, Thanks" and put the shirt back down. Then when Rachel and Jarom read theirs they started freaking out. Ben and Nanny were so confused. Once we explained it to them they got really excited too. Apparently Rachel and Jarom both "knew" I was pregnant. Me falling asleep on the couch and my mom's occasional slips were enough to clue them in. I was expecting that Rachel had figured it out, but I was surprised that Jarom was also suspicious. My grandparents came down just before we were going to leave to Taylor's house, so we got to tell them as well. My grandma was so happy and excited, she said "I've been waiting for this news!" I think everyone was. It was so exciting to let them all in on our exciting little addition.

IMG_7202gmIMG_7210gm

IMG_6987bh

IMG_7224bh

After we finally got done with our phone conversation with my brother we headed up to Taylors parents. I really am so grateful that we can live so close to both of our families. It was so fun to be able to spend time with the people we love most. My mother-in-law packed each of us a cute stocking with presents. Caden was so excited to open another sock full of goodies. He got so many fun things, tie-dye jammies (i am absolutely in love with), mega legos, cute books and puzzles. He was so spoiled. Taylor and I were both spoiled beyond expectation. Taylor got a nice wool dress coat and new luggage which he desperately needs for traveling. I got, probably the coolest toy of the day. A dyson vacuum! And a beautiful wall cubby organizer. I am still dying to get it put on the wall in our family room! I also got.. well, I should say "we".. but technically my father-in-law said it was for me. A gun. Yes, I said a gun. I opened the box and shut it really quickly after I got a peak inside. A gun! Are you serious? It was an unexpected and slightly (scary) shocking gift ;) Taylor pulled it out for me and he showed me all the cool features. My Father-in-law felt it was important for me to have a way to protect myself and my kids if the situation ever came along. I really am grateful for this gift, I will feel much more at peace when Taylor is away and I have a weapon. Now, I just need to get to the shooting range and learn how to use it ;)

Once we started opening presents under the tree Taylor and I both got really anxious for them to open the "big surprise". I stitched "the spoiling begins in... 6 months" across the front of a newborn onesie for them to open. We timed it just about perfect and had Bret and Ingrid open it together after most of the presents were done. Triest and Ross and Grandma and Grandpa were all there. They were all so excited once they read the onesie, I think they were all pretty surprised too. I don't know that any of them were suspicious of me being pregnant.. at least not 3 months along! Caden told them all when the baby was coming on "Duwy fowst"! This will be grandbaby #5, what do you know, my lucky number! It will be so fun to see this family grow and watch all the cousins get together and play.

Caden got some new movies that he sat and stared at for, not kidding, at least 15 minutes. He was so anxious to get the plastic wrap off "How to Train Your Dragon" which has actually been the movie he prefers over "Toy Story 3". It is so nice to have some new movies for our collection. He also got some Buzz Lightyear rain boots. He loved them from the second the wrapping paper was off. He will wear these after he gets out of the tub, while he's watching movies, and I've even caught him in his bed with them on in the morning. What can I say, he loves Buzz. Caden was so excited to give Poppy his christmas present, I have pictures from when we made it I need to post. We went to Color Me Mine and made him a BYU candy bowl for his office.The inside has Caden's little hand prints all over and the outside looks like a football helmet . It turned out really cute and Caden was really excited to give him our little creation.

12-25+Buzz+bootsbh12-25+byu+bowlbh

IMG_7116bh

12-28+new+babybh

[some of our fabulous gifts]

307836Sony-BDP-S570

109053-Blackpix1137532703

img2lImage

I had to post a picture because I was totally blown away. After cleaning up from Christmas I couldn't wait to get our new vacuum out and suck up all the dirt. I didn't realize how much dirt there was to actually suck up! The canister was to the "max" fill line after I had vacuumed the hall and our bedroom. No Joke. Taylor and I were both shocked. Our old vacuum must have really needed replacing ;) This thing even does hard floors and It actually does a better job than my broom (goodbye mr. broom). I have become somewhat of a vacuum maniac over the last 2 weeks. I mean, vacuuming has always been my favorite chore, but now I love it so much more!

IMG_7479bh

Chrismas was so wonderful. I can't even thank everyone enough for all the wonderful gifts we recieved. We are so blessed. Blessed to have wonderful family and friends to share this time of year with. Blessed to be having another baby. Blessed to have the gospel. Blessed to have our Savior. 

We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!
lara

No comments :