Friday

Weekend Getaway

I have the sweetest husband. Just wanted to get that out there.

Last weekend we headed to Vegas for a somewhat spur of the moment vacation. I told Taylor, a few weeks ago, that I really wanted to go shopping at the H&M in Vegas. Ever since we went to California and shopped there 2 summers ago, I've been dying to go back! They have a maternity, kids and mens section section in the Vegas store and I was desperately in need of maternity clothes for this pregnancy. I think I bought 3 shirts and 1 belly band with pregnancy no. 1. That was it! I had nothing to wear this time around. Taylor was so sweet and planned an entire trip to go down and take me shopping. He arranged for us to stay with his dad's cousins Glenda and Randy. She was so sweet and offered to feed us all but 1 meal during our trip. I can honestly say, she made the trip possible for us. Taylor extended the invitation to his cute cousin Tacy and her husband Danny for a weekend party in Vegas!

I do believe the drive down south was the fastest I've ever experienced. Danny told stories for at least 2 hours of the trip. We were all crying and belly laughing. I don't think I have a single life story that is as funny as any one of his. Taylor brought his laptop and streamed internet through his phone to it.. ya, i know. It was so awesome. We got there late, ate dinner and spent time with our gracious hosts. Taylor and Danny spent hours out in the "man shop" out back. Randy has a workshop that would possibly compare with Santas. He made bombs for us, helped the boys cut some stretch Y key chains with his plasma cutter. Oh I can only dream of having a workshop like that someday. They had so many fun toys in their back yard as well. Zip line, spinning chairs, trampoline, spinning see-saw, and some kind of military tower with a gun [that's the best i can do with explaining it]. We had a blast and after enjoying a night of laughter and a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies, we hit the sac. In the morning we headed to the Town Square shopping center. Might I add, the most beautiful outdoor mall I have ever been to.  They had every store imaginable. We hit H&M first of course. Taylor totally spoiled me. He carried arms full of clothing around the store for me and sat patiently in the dressing room while I tried everything on. He gave me thumbs up and thumbs down on all my outfits, fortunately we agreed on almost everything. I walked out of the dressing room with a pile I knew would pass my "budget" and laid it on a table. I looked through and pulled out 2 items I didn't love and Taylor scooped up the rest and walked to the cash register. I wanted to cry, seriously. He must really love me ;) The weather was so perfect, 70 degrees and sunny! My shopping was done so I just followed everyone else around to the other stores and enjoyed some sun on the benches outside. Taylor and I walked into AĆ©ropostale searching for Danny while Tacy was in a store across the street. He was at the cash register with 5 pairs of jeans! He looked like a child on christmas morning. His face was literally glowing. "$10 for a pair of JEANS!" He was actually giggling. He kept grabbing more things off the shelves. We would wait and laugh as he came out to show us all his outfits. He would walk out and look in the floor length mirror and amire his choices. Taylor and him were hilarious. I seriously couldn't stop laughing. I caught Danny saying "I have never had so much fun shopping in my life" at least 3 times. That made my day, the boys having so much fun shopping. I didn't feel so guilty for dragging everyone to a mall for half of our vacation ;) We went to a restaurant called Claim Jumpers there at the outdoor mall. My new favorite restaurant. Danny, Tacy and I all got the Caesar Salad. Oh boy, it was to die for. Best Caesar Salad of my life. The chicken was perfect, the dressing was heavenly and it had cornbread croutons! They were amazing! We were all wiping the dressing off our plates. We headed back to Glenda and Randy's for dinner and some time with their kids. On our way back we were all talking about what we would do when we got back to the house Tacy said "I think I'll take a shower", Taylor said "I'm going to play in the backyard", I said "I'm going to curl my hair" and Danny said [no joke] "I'M GOING TO TRY ON ALL MY NEW CLOTHES!" The car exploded with laughter. I have never heard a man, especially as manly a man as Danny, say those words. We had delicious spaghetti and salad for dinner. We headed out for a trip to the Venetian to see the world famous production of "Phantom of the Opera". Gosh we were all freaking out as we drove there. I have wanted to see this broadway show since I was young. I love the music, and the movie. I couldn't wait. The show surpassed any of my expectations. From the beginning of the show I had goosebumps. The set was amazing. I still can't believe how realistic they made everything look. They did a fantastic job. The singing was so incredible. Even Taylor got teared up! Thank you to my incredibly sweet father-in-law for buying us tickets to go see the show of my dreams! We headed back on the strip after the show to the stratosphere. Taylor was dying to take Danny on the big shot and other rides. I, in my current state [pregnant], couldn't go on the rides. It was $16 just to ride to the top of the stratosphere, So I opted out and decided to stay at the bottom. Tacy was so sweet and stayed with me. We got a banana split from Ben and Jerry's to share. delicious. The boys had so much fun. They came back down laughing hysterically over the picture they got from the big shot. Taylor's face is priceless. The ride instructor told them to hold their hands out in front of them [not touching anything] and look straight up as they took off. Taylor described it as "I thought I was going to blast into outer space". His face in the picture totally reflected it. He looked terrified. We all had a good laugh over it. We headed back to the car and home where we all got in bed and fell asleep. Our trip home was filled with jokes and funny stories again. It was exactly what we had all been needing. A nice little break. The weather made me so sick for spring to come. I can't wait for the next few cold months to pass!

vegas

vegas

vegasvegas

vegasvegas

vegas

vegas

vegas

vegas

vegas

vegas

vegas

vegas

Thank you so much Taylor for the dream weekend getaway! Muah!

larasig3

No comments :