Wednesday

Tall Boy Dresser: In White

I began a hunt over the summer last year to find a dresser perfect for our third bedroom. Yard sale after yard sale I could never find exactly what I was looking for. I took up the hunt online and searched KSL and Craigslist every day. The day this beauty came up I was on it! They already had another caller interested, but I could get there first. They sold me this baby for $20. perfect. It was the perfect fit for where we needed to put it and not too tall, not too short. It was perfect. I will admit I was a little worried after seeing it and how beat up it really was. Dings, dents, the bead board on the base was falling off, one knob was completely broken off. It needed some serious work. But who could pass up this gorgeous piece? It has been sitting in the garage over the cold months since I haven't had the energy to get to it until now. My in-laws let me use their workshop basement to crack down and work some magic.

Excuse the phone pictures. I forgot my camera the day I started working. You get the idea!
white dresser
white dresser
white dresser
white dresser
 

I spent about an hour sanding and prepping for paint. Some of the dents were really deep and although a few would add character I didn't want the entire piece looking thrashed. Resurfacing those deep dents took some time. I had to do some repair work on the bottom trim since it was falling off. Nothing a little wood glue and some clamps couldn't fix. Priming. Painting. Sealing. Took me several more hours. I used my favorite white paint by Benjamin Moore called White Cloud. Such a dreamy white color. I absolutely love it. Deciding on hardware was my challenge. I love the look of glass or crystal knobs, but most of them go for $8 a piece! yikes. No way. I wasn't about to put $70 into hardware! For only spending $30 so far on the piece and finishing it, I wasn't about to spend that kind of money. I finally crossed paths with these glass knobs that ran $2 a piece. much better. They were the perfect fit, although there were much prettier knobs out there, for the price these were perfect. It took quite the transformation and looks absolutely gorgeous! I am more than thrilled with the way it turned out.

white dresser
I love the feet on the front, they add so much character.
white dresser
The gorgeous bead trim on the bottom all repaired and securely attached. That was the hardest part to sand by far! All those little grooves!
white dresser

white dresser
These flowers are real. My sweet husband sent me 100 bloom lilies while he was away on a business trip last week. He is so cute. They have totally filled our house with a fresh springy look. I am in love.
white dresser
white dresser

Now for the finishing touches in this room... Then moving our little boy into his new big bed! I can't believe he's growing up so fast :( 
But we are so excited for this little baby girl to join our family! 20 weeks left!

larasig3

1 comment :

Juergen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.