Friday

35 weeks

Pregnancy is flying by. I have to stop myself from thinking about how soon she'll be here. I start doing all these comparisons in my mind.. Richelle found out what she was having 4 weeks ago from next Wednesday. By next Wednesday I will have as much time left in my pregnancy as time has passed since she found out! It seems like that big news happened just yesterday! I seriously start to have a panic attack when I think about it. My dreams have been filled with nothing but labor and delivery and what my baby looks like.. so far.. sad to say, my dreams have not made her very cute ;) So I'm hoping they aren't as real as they sometimes seem. I am scared and so excited for the next 5 weeks to pass. Becoming a mommy of 2 kind of scares the daylights out of me. I'm scared for the transition. I really hope I can be the kind of mom I want to be.. I'm hoping the newborn phase will be less of a shocker this time around. I really can't wait, scared or not! This baby is going to be so, so loved. I can't wait to kiss her and hold her. 

Everything about this pregnancy has been so different. Baby girl is so different from Caden. Some nights while I'm sitting on the couch I seriously feel like she is going to explode out of my skin because of how hard she kicks. Taylor and I will watch her move and it looks like 2 cats fighting under my skin. I don't know how my body even handles the movement. She isn't causing me much pain while she moves. She's not quite in my ribs yet. She loves to be on my right side, I always find myself leaning to the left to make more room for her wiggly feet. She moves so much more than Caden ever did. She is really responsive to Taylor and Caden. This morning while I was still in bed, Taylor bent down and started talking to her. She has been dead still up till that point, but the second she heard his voice she was kicking his hands and face. Caden loves to lay his head on my tummy and make weird sounds or repeat "hi baby, hi baby" and feel her kick his head. Hopefully that doesn't become a trend.. kicking big brothers head. I can't wait to have her here to add to our family. We are so excited.

My fears of my body being in the same "state" as it was with Caden are practically gone. I can have felt so much better this pregnancy, it isn't even comparable. By 35 weeks the first time around I was swearing I'd never have another baby. My back killed. I was living on tums. My feet were so swollen I couldn't wear normal shoes. Life was pretty miserable. I have little to nothing to complain about this time. It seems like it's too good to be true. I figured that, at this point, in order for me to weigh as much as I did the day I delivered Caden, I would have to gain 23 lbs in the next 5 weeks! 23 lbs! Can you believe that? I'm not worried that is going to happen ;) I might not meet my weight gain goal, but I have certainly tried my best. One thing is for sure. I will never let myself go like I did with Caden. Eating well, eating the right amount, and exercising {occasionally} has made all the difference in how good I have felt this time around.

Here's my 35 week comparison picture:
Caden on the left. Baby Girl on the right
Things are looking great at my appointments, I am hoping and praying that I will go into labor on my own. No emergency inductions. And I'm hoping I don't come more than 5 days late.. That would mean 2 more family members will miss her birth :( Starting next Tuesday they will check to see if I'm dilating! I really hope I do this time, being induced a week late at 1 1/2 cm was painful and disappointing. How early do most people start dilating anyway? What is a normal number per week for the last 4 weeks? I'm clueless. All I can do is hope.. and maybe go jump on a trampoline.. that should help right? ;)

larasig3

No comments :