Tuesday

It's about time

I've been feeling a little down the last week or so, I seriously think it has something to do with the weather ;) Enough with the rain and the clouds! I would die for an hour of sunshine. 

I came across this image today. 

It got me thinking. What makes me happy? My immediate thought was "shopping!" HA, can't do more of that. I thought a little more. Things that really make me happy... Spending time with my little boy. I love sitting out on the deck talking to him and observing things going on. He makes me laugh so hard, the little phrases he picks up and says constantly, like: "Actually... No"  or "One Second". He pulls the funniest faces and makes the best expressions. I love that he'll sit down and have a conversation with me. He makes my day every day. What else makes me happy? Being outside, going on a walk. As bizarre as it might sound cleaning makes me happy. I don't like to have to clean, but it makes me happy once it's done. Cooking a good meal makes me happy. Eating healthy makes me happy. I am most happy when I find myself doing the things that I know I should be doing, taking care of myself and my family.

I love doing projects . That feeling of accomplishment is so rewarding. But as the last few months have passed and project after project has been checked off I don't find myself being as happy as I would like to be. I feel guilty when I take time away from being with Caden to finish this or that. Or leaving Taylor to watch a movie by himself so I can start something else. That is not rewarding. I have spent the last 2 weeks going over and over my never ending list of things to do before this baby gets here. I am overwhelming myself, I have too much on my list. I need to cut it down. I don't need to do everything right now. It would be nice to have it all done, but there are other things that are more important. My little boy isn't going to be my only child for much longer and I want him to know and feel how special he is. I want him to have all the attention he can get.

I'm going to do more of what makes me really happy. Serving, loving and enjoying the moment. Time is passing too quickly and I don't want it to pass with feelings of regret. 

Life is too good to let it slip by.

larasig3

No comments :