Tuesday

09.06.2011

 Life is as busy as ever, which is just the way I like it. This week is especially crazy. We are blessing Brynnley this Sunday and I have lots to do to get ready. I am making her blessing dress with my new sewing machine!!!! {another story for another day} I just have to wait for the fabric to arrive. And I'm trying to come up with some yummy treats to have after. Come on creative mind.. start working. Life as a mommy of 2 is better than I ever imagined. I have so much I need to write down about my sweet little kids. Brynn is such an angel, she has been sleeping so well over the last week.. I am shocked every morning when I wake up and she has slept for 11 or 12 hours only waking up for one 5 minute feeding.. Where did she come from? I am the luckiest girl alive. I have several posts in draft that I can't seem to get around to. I wanted to put a few things up from the months before Brynn was born and work my way forward. So I might be jumping around a little bit.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

This has to be one of my favorite rooms in the house {not that we have many to choose from} We did a major transformation back when we first moved in. I still can't thank the people we bought the house from for all the hard work they put into it. This room was EXACTLY what I had been dreaming of for my nursery. The bead board and cute shelves. I fell in love instantly. We changed the paint color  HERE and HERE is how it was decorated for Caden. I added some hints of girly and rearranged the furniture. I like the way the room looks better now, the arrangement makes the small space seem a lot bigger. I still have some things that I need/want to change. I didn't want to leave the frames empty so they are still filled with pictures of Caden. I haven't gotten around to ordering pictures of my sweet baby to fill them yet. Soon I will.

I made some cute pillows. Taylor thinks throw pillows are such a waste of time and energy (don't all men?) but these have been used every night since I brought Brynn home from the hospital. I wedge two on each side of her and one at her feet to keep my swaddled bundle feeling safe and secure. PLUS they look so cute! The pom poms made the perfect addition and girly touch.

nursery

I filled an assortment of jars and bottles with white flowers.

nursery

I made tons {too many} of cute little blankets that sit in a basket at the foot of her bed. They have all been well used and I love them! Blankets are so fun :)

nursery

Our not so attractive, but SUPER comfy recliner. I found this perfect cream colored afghan to throw over or wrap up in for night feedings. Then of course the boppy, I made a pattern and covered it.. It turned out much better than I was expecting. The back is soft minky and the front is my favorite fabric in the world. I added the little gray pocket to store things like her brush, binky, etc. and added her initial.

nursery

I decorated lots of letter B's to put around the ledge, this is my favorite one. Now I just need to fill those frames with pictures of my little Brynn.

nursery

I made some adjustments to her changing table. We took the little ledge piece off that wrapped around the front. It was always in the way and never looked very cute. It freed up some space and makes it a lot easier to dust this piece of furniture. I used the basket that used to hold some of Caden's toys for burp cloths and other necessities.

nursery

Every fun fabric I saw in the fabric stores was turned into a burp cloth. I have tons of them {thinking I would need this many} but Brynnley never spits up. They have been well used for catching the milk that streams from her mouth when she eats though. In the extra space I put that darling blue tin that holds her desitin, binkys and other little things.

nursery

On the wall by the door I have a chicken coop wire frame that holds all of her flowers and bows and this cork board frame that I have pinned all her bracelets to. I love this darling bracelet my cousin made for my little girl. Thanks again Shelley, she wears it all the time!

nursery

My favorite part of the nursery, of course, is this little chandelier. I moved the tutorial over to HowDoesShe so check it out over HERE. It still looks just as cute as it did when I first hung it.

nursery

That's it! I really should take a picture of that other wall with the bow frames.. you just might die at my collection. Brynnley has more flowers and bows than any baby could possibly need. I just love having a little girl. 
What can I say ;)

lara

5 comments :

Angela said...

Lara this is beautiful! I seriously love what you have done with it all! I posted this to pinterest it's so cute :) It's all so perfect!

Andy and Katie Crandall said...

Darling.. I love the color!! I also love the pillows :)

Kenley and Erin Holt said...

What is the fabric you used for your boppy cover called?? It is so stinking cute!!!!!!

n.davis said...

Bah! I looove this room. Help me when I figure out what this child is. I want to make so many cute blankets like that. Love this room!

Lara said...

Kenley and Erin - The fabric is called LEANIKA by Dena Designs, they have a bunch of DARLING prints in the line. But I think it's an older print. I ordered mine from etsy!