Friday

10.14.2011

In August we took a trip with Taylor's family down to Fish Lake. It was perfect timing with the weather. We went from blistering hot to the perfectly pleasant mountain air. I had never been to Fish Lake before. We stayed in cabins and spent a lot of time outdoors. Caden has been begging me ever since to go back. He loves the great outdoors.

The days are all jumbled together in my mind. We did so many fun things, celebrated Mimi's birthday and had lots of yummy food. We rode 4-wheelers up high in the mountains. We found a nice random snow patch that we played on for a while. Brynnley stayed with her Mimi wile the rest of us enjoyed a few hours out in the sun. My hair was plastered with dirt and felt like hay after we got back, the joys of the outdoors ;) Taylor was dared to roll down the snow patch.. which, of course, he did. It was freezing. We stopped at a few other places, on the ride, and enjoyed the scenery. It was so beautiful up in the mountains. Triest and I held the boys on our laps for the ride home in the Ranger. We held hats in front of their faces as we were getting pelted by bugs. They were out in minutes and slept the whole ride back down the mountain.

fish lakefish lake
Mr. goof ball! He was so excited to go 4-wheeling.
fish lakefish lake
Gabe and Caden playing in some water
fish lake

fish lake
The skies and lake were insanely blue.. I almost attempted to tone down the blue in editing!
fish lake
Maddy and Bryce's family joined us later in the day. They brought some pretty fun fishing poles for the boys. Britton and Caden were casting across the street in no time! They played with their poles for the majority of the time we were up camping.
fish lake

fish lakefish lake

fish lake
I love their faces in this one. It looks like they are evaluating Caden's cast... By their expressions it looks like it wasn't very good ;)
fish lake
My little miss. She decided not to sleep very well while we were up there. I was up with her 4 or 5 times a night..  I was so tired. I think that was the worst she's ever slept, she must have felt out of her element. I love her sweet chubby cheeks, she is such a doll.
fish lakefish lake
Caden making French Toast with Poppy. His very favorite breakfast. He knows how to make it well ;)
fish lake
Bret rented some wave runners for the trip. I had never been on one before.. in fact.. Caden beat me to riding one! The boys had so much fun riding with Poppy, they wanted to go again and again. The water was FREEZING, but we stayed surprisingly dry while we rode on these.
fish lake

fish lake

fish lake

fish lake
They also rented a pontoon boat for fishing. We went out the morning of the day we left, Taylor needed to get back to work.. so we had to leave a couple of days early. We parked the boat and baited the poles. I love fishing, but I've never done it off a boat. For lake fishing, I think I prefer the shore. The boat was fun and relaxing. Taylor didn't feel like fishing so he took the wave runner instead. He picked Caden up. I didn't want his pants getting wet since he would be wearing them home.. so instead he went in his undies ;) I love those little boy boxer briefs. They make their bums looks so cute (hehe). Caden didn't want to get off. We fished for a while and I rode on the wave runner. I actually got to drive it! I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous at first.. but it was a lot of fun and I liked my hubby holding on to me for dear life ;) Little miss B slept most of the time on the boat and both of the kids crashed for the ride home. It made for a pleasant trip back :)

Mouth full of apples; and aren't those boots so cute! I love her fun fall clothes.
fish lakefish lake

fish lake

fish lakefish lake

Thanks Mimi and Poppy! We had so much fun :)

lara

No comments :