Thursday

11.03.2011

Caden 4 Months
IMG_0619
Brynnley 4 Months
(this is the only one from her 4 month shoot that I got edited, hopefully I'll get around to the rest of these in a few weeks, they are just gorgeous!)
IMG_9411 copysrgb
As I was adding Brynnley's 4 months stats to "the kids" page I jumped up to see how she was comparing to Caden. I was really surprised to see how similar in size and in development they have been. I mean they have been really close in almost every measurement, the biggest difference was their birth weight which I am sure is only because Brynn came 9 days early.

BIRTH
Caden: 7 lbs 5 oz (40%) 20 inches (51%)
Brynn: 6 lbs 8 oz {20%} 20 inches {60%}

2 WEEKS
Caden: 8 lbs (38%) 21 inches (67%)
Brynn: 7 lbs 7 oz {50%} 21 inches {90%}

2 MONTHS
Caden: 11 lbs 12 oz (57%) 24 inches (89%)
Brynn: 11 lbs 15 oz {70%} 23 1/4 inches {75%}

4 MONTHS
Caden: 15 lbs (54%) 25 inches (73%)
Brynn: 14 lbs 13 oz {55%} 25 inches {80%}

Their development is where I expected to see the biggest difference. Everyone always told me they would progress so differently being they are different genders. Physically Brynn is a couple weeks behind the things Caden was doing, but with development the biggest difference is how well they sleep! I am not going to complain about Brynn beating Caden to sleeping through the night.

FIRST VOLUNTARY SMILE
Caden: exactly 1 month
Brynn: 1 day before 1 month

FIRST LAUGH
Caden: 10 days before 3 months
Brynn: 10 days before 3 months

FIRST 6 HOUR STRETCH OF SLEEP
Caden: 8 days after 2 months
Brynn: 11 days after 1 month

FIRST 8 HOUR STRETCH OF SLEEP
Caden: 10 days before 5 months
Brynn: 9 days after 2 months

FIRST TIME ROLLING OVER FROM STOMACH TO BACK
Caden: 3 days after 3 months
Brynn:16 days after 3 months

FIRST TIME ROLLING OVER FROM BACK TO STOMACH
Caden: 9 days before 4 months
Brynn: 14 days after 4 months

I love looking at Brynn and seeing that glimpse of Caden sneak through.  I miss that baby boy, he has grown to be my best little friend. We do butt heads on a regular basis, but he is so quick to forgive or say sorry. I love their differences as much as their similarities. Having a girl has turned us into a bunch of softies. She is so sweet, she adores her big brother. Their connection is incredible to me, he can quiet her down and make her laugh better than almost anyone. She is such a girly little thing and I love it. Everyone told me having one of each is the best, I have to agree. I love having my all boy and girly girl, and seeing them together melts my heart. 

lara

2 comments :

Natalie Willmore said...

Your babies are so precious. Just looking at my nephews it makes me wish they were still little again.
I love that they are close in every category.
What impressed me was that you had kept track of their first voluntary smile and things like that. That's neat!

n.davis said...

your kids are just adorable.
i just love them both to pieces!
it's so awesome to see the similarities.
I need to be better about writing the
small, but special, things down.

way to go mama!
love ya!