Tuesday

01.10.2012

Dolly Girl is the name my Mom used to call me and my sister when we were babies. It is so fitting for my wide eyed, puckered lip baby.
She is the sweetest little dolly.

IMG_8995m-copyIMG_8994m-copy

I can't believe she is already 6 months old. She is growing and maturing so quickly. She weighs 16.2 lbs and is measuring at 25.75 inches. She is right at the 50th percentile for weight and height. I started her on baby food when she turned 4 months. I really never tried baby food with Caden until it was kind of too late.. and he never liked it. From the first bite she has gobbled up everything I give her. She loves acorn squash, avocados and pears. Those are her favorites. The other foods she has eaten till now include: Green Beans, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Apples, Bananas and Organic Brown Rice Cereal. I have made most of my baby food and frozen it, I never knew it was so easy! She loves to drink water out of a cup or sippy.  I am still exclusively breastfeeding her. She is completely against the bottle and binky, I'm hoping to have a breakthrough with this before she is a year. Brynn is a very loud baby.. she squeels and screams just to hear her own voice. She hasn't been as loud the last few weeks, but I am sure it is only because her squeals have been replaced with constant jabber. She says "mama-mama-ma" when she is winy or crying. She has learned how to slobber with her tongue. I don't know that Caden ever really slobbered, but Brynn can soak me in a matter of minutes. She gets a perfect spray that can cover my face from 2 feet away. She is all around just plain noisy! She first attempted sitting up at 5 months, and was sitting up pretty well by Christmas (just after 6 months). She is really stable now and I feel pretty comfortable leaving her by herself on the floor. She has been scooting a little bit, using only her legs to propel herself. If she needs to get something a few feet away she is on the move. She is a toy fanatic, she has been very serious about toys since she was about 4 1/2 months. She will sit very content with a pile of toys around her for over an hour. Don't go taking her toys or she'll let the whole world know. Her favorite toy right now, funny enough, is also Caden's favorite toy. Daddy got Caden a "real" Buzz Lightyear toy for Christmas. She loves to move his limbs and push his buttons and open his helmet! She absolutely adores Caden, he is usually first in her room every morning climbing into her crib to say good morning. She smiles and laughs at him constantly. He is the funniest thing she has ever seen. Unfortunately she is not a very good sleeper anymore.. She went from sleeping through the night up to 4 months to now waking up 4-5 times a night. Last night I put up a black out curtain and started swaddling her again and she only woke up once.. SO.... I'm hoping maybe the sleep schedule will improve. She smiles so big whenever daddy comes home. I think she understands who "mommy" and "daddy" are. I will tell her "where's daddy?" and she will look around until she spots him, then wait for him to give her eye contact, smile then hide her face. She is so bashful, it's really so adorable. She has the most incredible big blue eyes. They are that perfect big almond shape and curve up on the sides. Her eye lashes are so curly and long, they looks like they were crimped with a lash curler. We get comments wherever we go; people always ask "where can I get one of those?" or "can I take her home with me?".  She is the sweetest thing. I love having a baby around. She has brought so much joy to our home. I love watching my sweet kids interact and {kind of} play together. They melt my heart.

I will get caught up on here eventually.. hopefully.
Caden is starting Pre-School on Thursday!

lara

5 comments :

Andy and Katie Crandall said...

wow! she grew up soo fast! I swear you just had her! she is darling :) so so so cute

emily+brett said...

This age is the best! But I say that at every stage ha. She really is such a doll!

Aubrey Jensen said...

She is so cute and it sounds like your kids are adorable together! Reading your posts make me so excited to have kids!!!

Mrs.Field's Cookies said...

She is adorable!

Penny said...

She IS such a doll baby! It was so good to see you at Christmas. You have a beautiful family!