Thursday

02.02.2012

...it all started about 3 1/2 years ago... this condition that may have some permanent effects on the brain: mom brain! Now, maybe some of you were lucky enough not to contract this: (scatter brain, loss of memory, tuning everything out, wondering if your lifetime of education even did any good) Mom Brain. I on the other hand am not so lucky. On a daily basis I have incidents of mom brain occur,
and it is only getting worse with time ;)

I had one of those moments (as I was editing these pictures)... when I realize oh crap.... did I REALLY do that! Read the sign Caden is holding.. Or.. maybe don't read the sign. Spare me the embarrassment. It was late, and I was trying to make the sign cute plus make all the letters fit. I guess I couldn't squeeze all of them in. Don't worry, I already got a good laugh out of it. 
If you can't spot my mistake.. then maybe you have mom brain too ;)

Caden started preschool on January 24, 2012. He is going twice a week for a half day. We have been on a waiting list for several months now and they finally had an opening for him at the beginning of the year. He has been so excited to start, he would beg me to call his "teacher" every day to see if he could come to school yet. He seems to be having a really great time. Every day when I pick him up I ask him what he did at school that day. His response is always the same "I DON'T KNOW MOMMY!" {in an annoyed tone} I have to ask him little details: what snack did you have? did you play outside or inside for play time? what letter did you learn about today? etc.. He ends up telling me all about his day and how much he loves his teachers. I am excited to watch him grow and learn over the next few months. His teachers have told me he is doing great and is one of their most polite and obedient students. I really didn't want to throw him into a full time preschool. I think that a child's place is at home with their mother and siblings when they are young. They need to be nurtured and loved at home. The half day, twice a week is the perfect preschool schedule for his age right now. It gives him a little education and interaction out of home; and gives me time to go run errands and do grocery shopping with just one child. I cannot believe how much I can get done in 3 hours! 

IMG_9329wrIMG_9335wr

IMG_9315wrIMG_9313wr

IMG_9332wrIMG_9336wr

It is hard to believe he is old enough for this big milestone. I look at him now and see a little boy, not a toddler, or a baby. He is so sweet and showers me and Brynnley with lots of hugs, kisses and "i love you's" every day. He is a stinky, sweaty, wild, ninja, dancing, crazy boy. He is perfect in my eyes. He is very obedient and funny, and every now and then I get a little attitude creeping through.
He is my little man and I love him with all of my heart.

lara

6 comments :

Mrs.Field's Cookies said...

yay for preschool! I am so excited for Caden - school is so fun. The pictures of him are adorable, he is such a cutie.

Unknown said...

Hahaha! "My old shool house..." (Megamind) I Love, love, love it! So cute. Love his facial expressions

Lara said...

That's exactly what I thought.. megamind must have permanently stuck in my brain.. lol. we love that show!

emily+brett said...

You can't notice unless you really read it. Such a cute idea. I will have to barrow that chalkboard for steele's first day of "preshool" but it's not until aug.

Frances said...

Love the chalk board idea! So cute! Oh and I wanted to thank you for the chalk board background! I'm using for Boss' book and I love it, thank you so much!

Hannah said...

um... shool. It reminds me a lot of megamind ;)