Sunday

03.11.2012

Christmas was a  fantastic this year. All of our families were here in Utah. It was truly a day filled with the love of our Savior. Everything was perfect and we're so grateful for all the many blessings that we have been given. Having two children made Christmas so exciting. I love spoiling my kids more than just about anything. Brynnley had just learned to sit up and was doing so well on her own. Caden really understood Christmas, and was at such a fun age; full of excitement!

We spent Christmas Eve with Taylor's family. We did our anual cookie decorating, singing and remembering the birth of our Savior. It was really great and we had so much fun being with family. We headed down to my parent's house that night to sleep over. It will probably be the last time we spend the night for Christmas, but we'll see. We always have such a good time on Christmas with them. When I'm home Christmas feels like it did when I was a little girl. My parent's put on such a good day and make everything so exciting. Taylor and slept in my brothers room upstairs, Brynnley slept in the office next door, and Caden slept with all of my siblings down in the basement. We woke up at about 6 o'clock. Taylor and I couldn't sleep.. we were both really excited. We went down to the basement thinking everyone else had probably been awake for an hour.. nope.. they were ALL out. We woke them up and waited till 7 to go wake my parents up. We opened presents and had breakfast together. My grandparents came down just before we left. Afterwards we headed up to Taylor's parents house. We missed Taylor's siblings, our schedules just didn't overlap. We had a fun evening opening presents, running around their big house and spending time with Mimi and Poppy.

We got a new tv stand that I've had my eyes on forever. It has totally finished our family room. My dad surprised us with a full length electric keyboard. It is incredible, it has been such a blessing to have music in our home. I really missed playing the piano whenever I felt like it, over the last 4 years. It is such a stress reliever for me. Caden got a big geo trax train set, my brother has one and we play with it all the time when we go down. My mom got him this kids camera, it is seriously awesome. He has taken so many pictures and I need to download them and post a few. Brynnley got a bunch of necesseties and a few toys, but mostly clothes ;) I couldn't help myself. I made her a cute little doll, I haven't let her play with it yet, I'm afraid she'll yank all the yarn hair off. Caden had a lot of fun opening his presents as well as his sister's. He was very sweet and would try to make her help him, then he would get all excited and talk in a high pitched voice and show her what she got. It was seriously adorable. Brynnley enjoyed eating the wrapping paper.. I was constantly pulling pieces out of her mouth. She was the perfect age for putting everything in her mouth.

IMG_8624 copywrIMG_8625 copywr

IMG_8639 copywrIMG_8634 copywr

IMG_8656 copywr

IMG_8650 copywrIMG_8651 copywr

IMG_8666 copy

IMG_8676 copywrIMG_8685 copywr

We are truly blessed. To live a the beautiful safe place, to have family so close, to have the gospel in our lives. It has truly shaped us into who we are. I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas filled with the love of our Savior.
lara

No comments :