Thursday

03.15.2012

I love our little coffee table. I really wanted something that had a lot of storage and a big surface. We have so many toys we like to keep out in the living room, and it's nice to have a place to store them. I found this coffee table on Craigslist for $15, I have to admit.. I felt like I was taking advantage of them! It was such a nice little table, it wasn't hard to see it's potential. I painted it a pretty shade of yellow and glazed it with a warm brown. It turned out beautifully and we have loved it. It has a little cubby shelf along the front that is covered with glass. I keep all of our baby toys in one basket, and all of our magazines in the other. The kids always pull out the toy basket and dump it on the floor. Even while Brynnley was still scooting on the floor she got the motion. She would grab the handle and yank the basket out. Eventually she realized that there was an empty space up on the shelf.. and what is that? Another basket? This quickly became her favorite spot to play. She would pull out the toys, drag herself up, scoot over to the magazine basket and dig in. Most of the magazines are so outdated, I don't know why I still have them. She loves to tear them up, eat the pages and crinkle the paper. It has become a fun game for her and she sits in here like this all the time. Now that she is crawling she will push her head up against the glass, or look straight up at us and act like she is trapped. She is a silly little thing, and so easily entertained!

IMG_9756 copywr

IMG_9766 copywr

IMG_9776 copywrIMG_9780 copywr

IMG_9767 copywr

lara

No comments :